Dr. Simon Maltais
Health and Wellness
About the book
In this eye-opening, core shattering, and inspiring book, Maltais lays bare the real source of anxiety, addiction, and burnout. He explains how our healthcare system and the way we interface with it can create a vicious cycle that directly impacts our entire system. Healthcare Anonymous describes:
• HealthCare Disease: how the system getting you well is creating sick workers.
• How high-intensity environments impact the delivery of care and the performance of our nation’s finest medical minds.
• The symptoms of maladapted healthcare workers.
• Findings of an in-depth compassionate case study on healthcare workers.
• Simple steps to prevent, stop, and heal from healthcare disease and breakthrough a better life.
As the global pandemic has tested the core of our medical systems and pushed healthcare workers to their breaking point, Maltais exposes the fragility and vulnerability of our healthcare workforce. At times core shattering, Healthcare Anonymous is an “open heart” window written with a baffling humility by a unique up and rising non-fiction doctor/writer, John M Stulak, MD (cardiac surgeon and educational leader).
Maltais’ remarkable insight into a controversial and often forgotten topic of actuality provides an inspiring insight into our world’s largest industry.
About the Author
Before 40, Maltais has raised to lead two world-renowned programs in his specialty and has among the youngest promoted associated professor at a nationally recognized institution. He is a frequent keynote speaker, has published more than 160 articles and has contributed to numerous books. As he worked in two different countries and health systems, Maltais has a unique perspective on the delivery of care and its inherent challenges for healthcare workers.
No Reviews at the moment.