MY CHILD’S NOT DEPRESSED ANYMORE
by Melissa Lopez-Larson M.D.
Publisher: Lifestyle Entrepreneurs Press
Publication Date: 2/2/2021
Page Count: 116
Category: Self-Help | Mood Disorders | Depression
Is depression preventing your child from finishing college?
Has your son or daughter dropped out of college due to depression? Are you overwhelmed with how to get your child’s depression treated so they can get back into college? Do you struggle to find the right professionals to address your fears and concerns and get your child back on track?
Depression can greatly impact a young adult’s successful completion of college, leaving them and their parents overwhelmed and anxious about the future. As a Harvard-trained, board-certified child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist with over fifteen years of experience, Dr. Melissa Lopez-Larson has helped hundreds of parents and young adults overcome depression and successfully complete college.
In My Child’s Not Depressed Anymore, you will find her seven steps to tackle these issues head-on and learn to:
* Identify the cause of your child’s depressive symptoms My Child’s Not Depressed Anymore will help you expedite the process of evaluating and treating your child’s depression to get them back into college successfully.
* Work with your mental health providers to develop a collaborative and holistic treatment plan that meets your young adult where they are at right now
* Avoid and overcome the typical obstacles for treating depression in your son or daughter
* Create a successful, multidisciplinary transition plan for your son or daughter so they can return to college
* Experience the relief of knowing your child will be able to manage their depression on their own and succeed in college and beyond
* Identify the cause of your child’s depressive symptoms
My Child’s Not Depressed Anymore will help you expedite the process of evaluating and treating your child’s depression to get them back into college successfully.
About the Author
My Child’s NOT Depressed Anymore – Melissa Lopez-Larson
When I was young, there were travelers guidebooks for every country and vacation trip destination and you didn’t leave home without it. Dr. Lopez-Lawson has written an essential guidebook for the parent and student entering the world of higher education with all its modern challenges. In it, her “Seven Steps Approach” provides concrete guidance on how to identify and deal with the major mental health challenges faced by today’s college students…
I would strongly recommend this book to teens, young adults, parents, caregivers, and anyone interested in evidence-based, effective management of depression. An excellent source of knowledge and support for parents and caregivers of teenagers/young adults who are or might be experiencing depression.
Dr. Lopez-Larson does an exceptional job explaining the Seven-Step collaborative treatment plan that she has used to help many young adults suffering from depression. Melding traditional, alternative, and complementary approaches to heal both the mind and the body…
In her book, “My Child’s NOT Depressed Anymore,” Dr. Melissa Lopez-Larson, M.D., addresses a serious and prevalent issue every parent fears — having a child show signs of depression — and adds to it the helpless feeling of having the child be in college. No longer under your roof, and no longer a minor, parents find themselves in a caring, concerned position, yet are left feeling helpless and hopeless.